Monday, March 4, 2019

An Elephant for Karen's Quilt Shop

Karen called a few weeks ago and wanted me to quilt a shop sample. When I stopped by to pick it up, I was thrilled! Isn't this the cutest thing ever???


I saw all that white negative space and got very excited! Karen gave me free rein to play, so I did! The first thing I wanted to do was connect the elephant to the butterfly, thus the feather from the end of the trunk to tie them together. Here's a look at that a bit closer.

After that it was just play time. Pebbles, feathers, swirls and other designs blended in to fill it up. While I was on the couch convalescing after my hip replacement, I spent a lot of time on Craftsy. I put those classes to good use with this one!

One last pic of the front...

And a couple of the back. I love how this turned out!! This first one shows the whole back; unfortunately, the color isn't accurate.


 This is more the true color of the backing fabric. It was a lovely green.

And the back of the elephant. He didn't require much quilting, just enough to make him stand out.

This pattern is part of a series of baby quilts. They're all adorable!

Thanks for looking!
Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.