Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hilde's Beautiful Friendship Stars

Hilde made this beautiful Friendship Star quilt for, well, her friend! If I'm remembering correctly, her friend's car was broken into while they were on vacation and a quilt similar to this was stolen. She was heartbroken, so Hilde made her a new one.

I loved the setting of this quilt and wanted to try to make the stars pop a bit. I opted to quilt the background tightly, a geometric design in the star centers and to leave the points unquilted. A simple wishbone design in the border completed the look.




 Here are a few pics of the back...I always love how the backs turn out!


You can see the wishbone border in this one.

From what I heard, Hilde's friend was touched to receive her quilt.

Thanks for looking.

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.