Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pictures of Miscellaneous Stuff

My camera cord arrived, so now you get photos:

This was a few weeks ago...Emma needed her feet trimmed; however, I don't think she thought a chainsaw was the correct tool!  Luckily, Dennis was just headed out to chop some downed trees into rounds for firewood.

These are our good friends, Julie and Abi. 


They're in a bit of a pickle.  They live several miles in, down a windy, tree-lined, dirt road.  They ordered this park model rv, got the outside measurements and then measured the road into their place to be sure it fit.  Slight problem:  The rv was actually 13'8"--not the 12' they were told.



Two days later, one tree down and part of the roof removed, the rv is at its new home...perseverence wins out!



The yurt has turned out to be such a wonderful space.  I never bought much into the feng shui stuff, but the building is round and feels so good when we're in it.  This is a picture of the sky through the skylight on top.  It lets in so much light during the day that I often forget to turn on the lights above my longarm--who needs them??  Now that the weather has changed (I know its only February, but its spring in Butterfly Valley!), we have a fire in the morning, let it die in the afternoon, and open windows and the skylight and its perfect in there!



I mentioned my sister's visit in my last post and the $100 worth of gift cards I had for quilt shops.  Note:  The key word is "had."  A friend and I went to Reno last week and I spent every last penny.  This is my loot!  I found a colorway for Mythical Horses that I hadn't seen before.  I have every last one of those fabrics; unfortunately, I'm afraid to cut them because they're so beautiful. (I'd be open to suggestion though, if you've seen a pattern with them that looks great)  The bright purple, green and sunflowers are for a block swap I'm doing (you can check it out here).  The purple and brown batiks are to finish my retreat quilt and the others are to take with me to Asilomar next week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ya Crazy, this is Pink (Pink-a-Palooza)....LOVE your quilting on the guild quilt...
    Hey, where did your friends get that log cabin lookin RV?
    Thanks,
    gael
    landgtino@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Pink...sorry this took so long. I was at Empty Spools at Asilomar (future blog) and it was lovely. If you do a search for "Park Model RVs" you'll come up with lots of hits on where to find them. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.