I did it...I finished my block in plenty of time; days to spare!!
In keeping with my original idea, I went with an Amish theme and then quilted the heck out of it. Good thing I decided on the modern Amish--I didn't have enough green fabric for my original idea! This is the first of seven in the Project Quilting: Focus through the Prism Challenge
Below are a couple close-ups of the quilting. Amish in style, perhaps -- not so much in the quilting. Sort of overkill!!!
Of course I had to stitch a Monkey Wrench block too...<g>
We get the block "assignment" for Part Two on Monday. I'm getting excited...I may be forced to purchase more Cherrywood fabric! <he he>