Thursday, May 14, 2015

Crabapple Hill's Snow Day's Quilt

Isn't this quilt beautiful??? The pattern is called Snow Days and its put out by Crabapple Hill Studio.


Donna sent it up for me to play on.  I got it loaded and then I just stared at it--for THREE days!!  I was stumped. I wanted to treat the outside border as if it were a solid, rather than pieced, border. With the embroidery overlapping into those blocks, I felt that was the best design idea. However, once that was decided, I couldn't come up with a design I liked.  Finally, I settled on swirls with sort of a feathered flower. (Sorry about the wonky pics--most of these were taken while I was unloading.)




Then I stitched around the applique to make it pop...




Finally, the blocks in the center were quilted. I did many designs with enough similarities to tie them all together. You'll definitely see some Angela Walters' designs peeking through.





This was such a fun quilt to work on!!

 Dory



1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Love Crabapple Hill and what you added to the quilt, it's a beautiful quilt, your customer will be happy I am sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.