Thursday, November 6, 2014

Quilts are Flying out of the Studio

Well, not flying, exactly, but I have been doing several less densely quilted quilts and boy does that make a difference time wise!!

This first quilt belongs to Margie. She wanted an allover and I thought it could use some movement and texture. (I just love batik fabrics--don't you??)

I "dwirled" this quilt. Yep, that is a real word and a design. I stumbled across the design on Pajama Quilter DVD and thought I'd give it a go. I like how it turned out. What do you think??


The back...


This one is a hospice quilt that I did for Jo Ellen. A simple "heatwave" pattern was all it needed to add a little interest. I used King Tut variegated thread and think the color turned out perfect.


Nope--your eyes aren't going fuzzy...the picture is--sorry!


The final one I did for a lady undergoing chemo treatments. She'd pieced a bunch of tops, so another longarmer and I did one each for her. She chose the quilts and we got to do what we wanted--or that's what I did anyway.


Block design:


Border--feathers without a stem, who knew???


And two shots of the back. I used gray thread top and back and I like the gray on the yellow.


A last one of the back. 


Thanks for stopping by!!

Dory


1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.