Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fun 16 Patch Quilt

On my last trip home to Quincy, a friend of mine with her own longarm asked me to quilt a quilt for her. Apparently, when you do only your own quilts, you get bored. So far, I haven't had that problem!!


I knew when I started this quilt that I wanted to do something different where the "X" was. After a bit of looking around at my design books and online, I decided to give an Angela Walters design a go. It was a fun one to do and seemed to fit.

  

But here's where it got tricky.  I'll let you in on a little secret...when I begin quilting, I usually have an idea of what I'll do. However, I don't plan my quilting, per se.  I rarely mark anything ahead of time and often, I come up with my ideas after loading the quilt. That makes things a big more challenging--especially when, say, you're quilting along and you notice something has changed...like the center of the quilt!!!

I got here and went, "Hmmmmm, how do I make this look special and like I planned it all along???"  What do you think--were you fooled??


Finally, a shot of the border...I really like the look of straight lines mixed with curves.


The quilt made it home and Linda liked it enough to enter it in the local quilt show.  I consider that a win for me. Its all about doing the best I can to make my customers happy!

Dory















1 comment:

  1. Such pretty quilting!! Someday I'll learn how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.