Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Carolyn's Baskets All Around

This is Carolyn's "Baskets all Around" quilt.  Not quite sure where they came up with the name, but I really liked the blocks in this one. Lots of room to play!
As you can see, I had fun with lots of quilting motifs. Below are a couple of close-ups so you can see what I did more clearly. The first shows more of an overall, with feathers, back and forth lines and loops, curved cross-hatch, and some linework in the sort of Dresden Plate area.
Here's a better view
The backing of this quilt was a beautiful green fabric and some of the quilting on the top was in pink. The pink actually showed up quite well on the back, but I used a taupe in the bobbin with the variegated thread, so its a bit harder to see. You can almost see how I duplicated the quilting in the border and the "sashing squares."

Thanks for looking!!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.