Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Love my Customers!!

I tend to take things a little too personally, even though I know better. I had a customer that lived in Reno; however, it had been almost two years since I'd heard from her. I kept telling myself that it wasn't personal, it wasn't that she didn't like my work; she'd just found someone closer to home and didn't have to mail her quilts.

I believed this until she called just the other day. She had a quilt for me to do...and she went on to tell me that she hadn't done any quilting since the last one I'd done for her. But she's getting back into it and she doesn't care that I live in Washington now; she'll mail the quilts here. She even sent me a photo of the quilt she's currently working on that will be coming my way when its finished! Whew...it really wasn't me!!!

This is the quilt that MariLynn sent...I love the embroidered flowers in every other block. She wanted some simple quilting that would help to "hide her mistakes," her words, not mine.  The quilt is flannel and so soft! I just love flannel fabric.


Here's a close-up of the quilting in the embroidered blocks. I did a swirl to frame the embroidery and loops to fill the sashing. Since the loops are free-flowing, your eye isn't drawn to any inconsistencies in the sashing.


I'm including this picture of the back. The quilting doesn't show, but the texture is fun. 


MariLyn's quilt made it home just the other day and I received a phone call. She loves it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.