Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Beautiful Wedding Gift

One of my customers from Nevada contacted me with a huge project that she's undertaking: She's making wedding quilts for each of her nieces and nephews. Luckily, none of them has a wedding date scheduled yet, so she has time.

This is the first quilt in her project...a lovely log cabin. This one has an Asian flair to it.

 Initially, I was going to do the traditional feathers in the gold, but after doing the outside border, I was in geometric mode and kept it up with the line work.  


I loved how the gold thread really gave such great definition to the gold fabric.


This is how the center gold bits turned out. In all the purple, I did a design called heatwave, but it didn't show up well in the photos, so the gold took center stage.


Thanks for having a look!

Dory


3 comments:

  1. "Heatwave" was almost going to use that on the last E2E that I did but went with another taken from the fabric. We must be reading the same books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Heatwave. I use it in sashings and vary the size for allovers. Its a great design choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, love that, Dory. I really like that woven look in the center of the block. I think that it looks really great with the Asian fabrics. Way to go! Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.