Thursday, December 31, 2015

Carolyn's Storm at Sea

This quilt is so gorgeous--as are all of Carolyn's. However, when she sent this home with me back in October, she requested an allover.  An allover??? Really?????

After sending Carolyn a text message confirming that she just wanted an allover and letting her know she was killing me, she relented. Said I could do what I wanted; however, I knew she didn't want the kind of quilting I wanted to do on it. [sigh]  Maybe another time.

In keeping with her original wishes, I didn't go nuts. The outside border is stippled with a pattern through the middle of it going all the way around.  You can almost see it if you cross your eyes and stand on your head!!




I did CC's in all the triangle and diamond shapes within the top with a double CC in the squares. It made for some interesting patterns on the back and just added texture to the top.

Here's a couple of close-ups of the back. Maybe someday I'll have some good lighting that will show the quilting off a bit better. The backing fabric is actually a dark blue--not sure why it photographed as gray!


Thanks for stopping by...

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year--stay safe!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.