Monday, December 12, 2016

From Practice to Quilt

After taking Kathleen's class, I knew what I was going to do with Carolyn's quilt. Prior to that, I was stumped!!


I'm not sure why the fabric looks so pink...its actually a beautiful red on the back.


Kathleen taught us to look for patterns made by the piecing as well as areas to highlight. The stars had to be highlighted, so I framed them with very dense quilting.


Here are closeups of a few more.



In this last one, you can also see the border.  I did a wide bead board with pebbles between the "boards" in gold thread. Military Gold by Glide is my favorite "go to" gold thread.


A couple more shots of the back. I wish the fabric color had photographed more true. It probably would have if I knew what I was doing--I just point and shoot!! I'm a quilter, not a photographer, in case you hadn't noticed!!! 



Thanks for looking!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.