Friday, April 7, 2017

2017 Cabin Fever Raffle Quilt

The Raffle Quilt Committee named this quilt "Coming Home." The name is based on the "porthole" that depicts what you see crossing the Hood Canal Bridge heading toward the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, and home.


The porthole is the most stunning feature of this Storm at Sea quilt. Below are a couple of close-ups of that quilting.

I have to "toot my own horn" here; this is the first time I've quilted clouds that I liked. They couldn't be whimsical and I had a heck of a time deciding how to do it. After searching YouTube and Pinterest, these are what I came up with. I love the texture they added.


And a shot of the back:



When you stand back and look at the quilt, the redish blocks really stand out. I quilted them all with their own design. Here's a shot of the front and back.



Finally, the border blocks that matched the above blocks also got special treatment.


I hope my quilting helps to sell a lot of tickets for the Cabin Fever Quilt Club!

Dory

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous job of quilting Dory, I especially love the porthole quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.