Monday, March 11, 2019

Cabin Fever Quilters 2019 Raffle Quilt

This year, the Cabin Fever Quilters decided to go modern with their raffle quilt. They made a Tula Pink Butterfly.  Isn't it lovely?? (Ignore the circles you see on the background fabric. They're showing through from the backing.) The background is actually a solid, very light gray.


I can honestly say that this quilt was fun to quilt from beginning to end. Usually, as a I start a new quilt, be it my own or a customer's, I'm excited. Its new and fun. By the middle of the quilt, I'm getting a bit bored. However, towards the end, I'm excited again because I'll get to see what it looks like finished. With this one, I never got bored. I think it was because there are so many different blocks and so many different ways to quilt them. My brain was a bit taxed!!

Some pics:  First a shot of the antennae. Don't all butterflies have feathered antennae??? And the pebbles??  (Note to self--make pebbles bigger next time!)

Here's a few pics of the blocks. Since the wings are identical, I quilted the same pattern in the corresponding blocks.








And before you go away, a couple shots of the back.  See the circles???  They don't show through unless you hang the quilt in your living room to take pics. [stupid!!]



Thanks for looking. If you are interested in tickets, let me know. They're $1 each.

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.