Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Halloween Comes Early

Chris gave me this adorable Halloween quilt to work on for her. She has it back in plenty of time for this year's Halloween.  Isn't it adorable???

Chris wanted an allover with "Happy Halloween" quilted into the sashing. I did a little playing around and this is what I came up with: Some squiggle lines in the sashings and a geometric design in the sashing blocks. The body had an allover that you all are familiar with...heatwave.


This is a pic of the original Happy Halloween quilted in the sashing. I didn't like it. While I didn't want it to be in your face, I did want it to show up.

So rather than taking it out, I used a darker thread color and went over what I'd already quilted to make it more pronounced. What do you think?? Better???


Happy quilting...
Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.