The other fun bit about this mystery is the assembly. There were several different variations.
When it came to quilting, it got interesting. The book showed several options for the blocks and I did take their ideas in some of the areas. I'll point those out with the close-up pics.
Nope, you're not seeing double. Same block, just in opposite corners. The pink/red rows that are quilted as one have a design from the book. I wasn't sure about it, but I couldn't come up with anything else. The rest of the block is just common designs that I've done many times before that you'll recognize.
Initially, the red just had the lines; the feathers were the last bit I added before taking this one off the frame. Those diamonds just needed a little boost.