Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Cute Bicycle Quilt

Theresa's daughter made this quilt and wanted to enter it in the fair. I first "met" Theresa when a box showed up last year with two quilts in it along with a note asking me to quilt them. That's the extent of our contact. Theresa e-mailed wondering if I would do this one for here daughter--how could I refuse??


The quilt was only 30 x 36, but it was so darn cute and her daughter did a great job with the applique. It was a fun one to play with...look at all that negative space!! Lots of swirls and pebbles in the background.


With the basket, I quilted only in the light colored "weaving," to add some dimension. It was pretty cool in person.


I did some curved lines behind the tires...tried for a feeling of movement. Not sure I pulled that off though.


And here's a couple of the back...

Out of all the pics, this one is my fave. Theresa's daughter holding up her first, completed quilt. She did a great job!

Thanks for looking...

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.