Thursday, October 8, 2009

I know its only October, but Christmas is coming!

And this year, I'm finally able to get Dennis something he'll love! My friend Debbie told me about a Tanya Amberson who does animal paintings and then donates part of the profit to rescue agencies...now that is right up my alley. I've commissioned her to do a painting of Hank for Christmas. I sent her about a 1000 photos, which she narrowed down to these three. I choose one, she paints it with whatever background I choose, Dennis has an awesome present, and a rescue makes some money. Its a win, win!!



The hardest thing about the whole situation is that I can't tell him what I'm doing. Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep a secret from your best friend? I've had to stop myself twice already from telling him...I don't know if I can make it all the way to Christmas. *whine, whine*

A few years back I got him an antique schoolhouse clock from E-Bay; he'd been wanting one and I found it for a good deal. It was even in Reno, so I could pick it up. I had an elaborate ruse, we were going to meet the guy and pick it up (but he was just going to give me a small box with a rock in it) and my friend was going to pick up the real clock. I didn't want him guessing when he saw the box. It was perfect...until I said that we couldn't forget to pick up the clock while we were there. "What clock?" he says. So that year every present he opened until the "real" present was some sort of timepiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.