Thursday, March 25, 2010

Easter Must be Close--The Rabbits are Multiplying

I have a customer, Marei, who just loves these rabbits.  I have to admit, I do too.  She makes them so colorful and I love that she doesn't put faces on them.  Faces make them cutesy; this way, they are more folk arty.  Much more my style (like that matters???).  She's making a passel of these for her grandkids. The quilting is very simple (at her request) to make sure these beauties can withstand all the dragging around they're likely to endure.

I had fun playing with variegated thread in bright colors.



Don't you love this red/black/white one?  Its for her grandson who is 12, I think.  She didn't want him to feel left out, but she also didn't want to make him "girlie" bunnies.  I think she did an excellent job.  Notice the bow?  Its to cover the fact that the sashings just didn't line up--perfect camouflage! I put some extra batting under it to give it a trapunto effect.

The pattern is from Buggy Barn; I love their stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.