Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yurt vs Yurt

If you've been following my blog for very long, you know that I quilt in a yurt.  It's round, it's a great space and I truly love it. Until you've spent some time in a round building, you've no idea how terrific it is. In case you've missed it in the past, it looks like this (minus the snow falling and the fire burning--it is summer now--well, its supposed to be summer!):

But really, shouldn't I, as a quilter, be quilting in this??
Isn't it fabulous???  This yurt belongs to Linzi Upton of Scottland.  It was totally her idea, although quilters all over the world helped.  They were called "stunt piecers/quilters."  Following Linzi's direction, they pieced and quilted individual panels to enclose the yurt.  Linzi attached them, did the roof and what you see above is the finished product.  With any luck (and a little $$) this yurt may be at a venue near you in the not too distant future.  This would be such an excellent studio...albeit a bit drafty at times!!

Another picture, but you really must go to Linzi's site to view the whole thing.  It's worth the time. This photo shows some of the individual panels and how they were attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.