Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pioneer Sampler

These are photos of a new quilter's Pioneer Sampler Quilt. Its an Eleanor Burns quilt that was started in a class that several of us took from a local quilter. I take it just to have a night free to piece some of my own projects and to visit with friends.  Coleen did a great job on her quilt; this is only her second one.

Her border was so busy that I just did a big meander in red, after talking her out of cross-hatching (no point in paying for something that won't show). A "CC" in the red Seminole border finished off the outside.  Each block had a different fill and the sashing had a new treatment for me. I love how it turned out (she says modestly), take a look.




A close-up of one of the blocks. Do you think the sashing looks like wishbones? I have no idea what the actual name of it is.

And a close-up of the back...I always love the back.


Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.