Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a Big One!!

I got a call from a quilter in another town close by that had seen my quilting. She wanted me to quilt this really big quilt for her for her niece's wedding gift. The quilt was 104" square and had 14" borders so that it would fit their bed and have a nice drop over the side. Large borders are very scary for a longarm quilter--they often don't fit well and have a bit of a wave. Not these, Sue pieced and attached them perfectly.


Its almost impossible to tell from this photo, but the stars are literally 24" across. They are pieced from many red batiks. In the diamond-shapes of the stars, I did a feather fill. The background triangles and four corners got curved cross-hatching. The borders were scalloped, then a bead-board to finish out the rest of the border.


She had pieced the back. This is a photo of a corner of it showing the quilting in a bit more detail.



Thanks for taking the time to have a look! (Remember, you can click on the picture to make it easier to view)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.