Friday, June 21, 2013

Its a Quilt-Along!!

Have you seen this quilt?? Its the finished design of the Quilt Along by Michele Foster at Quilting Gallery. Doesn't it look like fun??? I have always been drawn to quilts that have different sized blocks; I just think it makes them so interesting.

Not only am I going to join in on this Quilt-Along, I have also donated a prize. More on that in a bit.

I love Cherrywood Fabrics (who doesn't???) so I intend to use them on this project. I had originally planned to pull from my stash, but where's the fun in that? *grin* Instead, I'm using a combo of the Cherrywood I already own along with these colors:

My background:

My main colors for the blocks:




And a few Cherrywoods from my stash to add a little "pop." Unfortunately, the photo makes them look dull--trust me, they're not!


When Michele asked for prizes to be donated, I decided to donate my quilting. It was only a tiny step from donating my quilting to wanting my own quilt to quilt. So, if you win the prize I donated, you can have a free edge-to-edge pattern on this Aiming For Accuracy quilt or, if you love it as much as I think I'm going to love mine, you can have custom quilting for 50% off.

The actual instruction begins tomorrow, so there's still time to join in the fun. If you do participate, let me know. I'd love to see the colors you choose. There will also be an additional prize for my followers that join in.  Come on now...you know you want to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.