Monday, April 28, 2014

Bird Brain!!!

Yep...that's what this super cute quilt is called!  Silly name; but I love the quilt!! Its a Buggy Barn pattern, of course.


Norma sent this one up and I had such fun quilting it. Its going to be a gift for a friend that loves her chickens and her horses (the backing has horses). She had her friend with her in the quilt shop, helping her pick out fabric for a quilt Norma was planning to make for "someone else." The friend has no clue that at the next Quincy Crazy Quilter Guild meeting, she'll be receiving this adorable quilt! I just wish I could be there to see her face!!

Here's a couple of close-ups of the quilting. I did some swirls in the chicken and a funky flower in the flower. Lots of thread color changes, but so worth it for the texture.


This pic shows one of the open green bits on the end of a couple of the rows. I wanted to do something "organic" in there, in keeping with the chicken theme, so I did a leafy feather motif.  I think it works, where actual feathers would have been too fussy.


No pics of the back. It was too busy for the quilting to show well.

Hope you enjoyed the chicks!

Dory




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.