Friday, October 10, 2014

Deb's Bali Wedding Star

Two years ago at the Empty Spools Retreat at Asilomar, I was in Judy Niemeyer's class. Deb, sitting in front of me, was working on her Bali Wedding Star. She has an amazing color sense and when I saw how pretty her quilt was, I knew I wanted to quilt one. She overheard me telling that to my friend and said she'd send me hers. Flash-forward two years and guess what I got in the mail???


Isn't her color sense amazing??  I just love these quilts.  Feathers in two directions in the middle of the arcs and continuous curves -- except for where the star points come in.


If you look closely (or click on the photo to make it larger), you can almost see the purple variegated thread I used in the black/blue star points and the diamond shape in the center four-patch.


Or if you look below where I lightened the pic, that stitching shows up a little better.


I was very honored to be trusted with this quilt. Prior to quilting these two quilts for Deb, I'd never done anything for her. Talk about taking a huge risk!!  

Dory



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.