Wednesday, January 7, 2015

American Flag Quilt

I love this quilt...its the first flag quilt I've seen made this way and I think it is just so cool!!!


Joyce made this using a variety of reds and yet kept the blue consistent. That combination and the stark white between the rows just made it pop.  When I was deciding how to quilt this one, I was stumped on what to do in the white rows.  I knew I wanted to SID all the blocks, so I did that first and then stared at it for awhile.  I finally decided on this simple design hoping it would direct your eye to Joyce's wonderful piecing.


 I thought this was a great touch, a cross-stitched flag!


No pics of the back...it was a busy blue with lots of stars.

Dory


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.