Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Alpine Wonder

I first saw this quilt in a Keepsake Quilting catalog. I really liked it, but what really drew me to it was all that negative space. I always hoped that one of my customers would make one and let me quilt it. Years went by until Marilyn, a new customer from Port Townsend's Cabin Fever Quilters Guild, gave me the opportunity!! 

 Marilyn plans to embellish it with crystals, so my first decision was how much quilting. When I looked online, I saw several of these that had been quilted and that had embellishments. What I noticed though, was that the ones with a bit denser quilting really made the crystals pop. So that's what I did.


I quilted snow (McTavishing and pebbles--snow drops???) below the tree for texture.

 And a more dense paisley in the background with arcs in the tree.


One last shot because I love it so much!!  Remember, if you click on the pic, you'll get a better view.


This quilt has been sitting in my studio for weeks now, waiting for the monthly guild meeting so it could go home. It found its way home yesterday, so today I can share!

Dory



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.