Friday, October 9, 2015

A Couple More to Share

This one came from Paula and is filled with pinwheels!! I love pinwheels to look at, but they're tough to quilt as the centers generally have lots of bulk. On the body, I took the easy way out and did CC throughout--it allowed me to slow way down on those intersections and not break a needle!

I did a little playing in the border, although it doesn't show up real well. Same geometric that I've done before, but this time, I filled the centers with paisley's and curves.  It was fun and added some nice texture to the dark fabric.


This next one is from a new quilter in my hometown of Quincy. I haven't even met Leslie yet, but hope to when I go back for our retreat in a few days. This is an Alex Anderson pattern, not sure what its called, but its from one of her beginning books. Although Leslie is just starting to quilt, she did a great job putting it together.


And she even got brave with the back...check out the flying geese!!!


I think she did a great job! 

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.