Friday, May 20, 2016

Buggy Barn Houses

Isn't this quilt great?? I love quilting houses and this one by Buggy Barn is one of my favorites. My good friend, Norma, sent this up from Quincy when she finished it. Last year at the Quincy retreat she was working on this and kept saying she was going to send it--she did!

Because I wanted to quilt the houses differently, I kept the background designs a consistent paisley pattern to add continuity. I also changed thread color with each house block so that the houses and texture would be in the forefront--not my quilting.
 

 I'm not sure if you can tell from the photos, but the flags aren't sewn into the pattern. They actually "fly" from the flag pole.


And what quilt would be complete without a few shots of the back??  Although the color didn't photograph as well as I'd like, the backing is black. I love all the colors and designs here.



Thanks for having a look!!

Dory

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.