Saturday, November 19, 2016

1930s UGRR

Isn't this pretty? Carolyn did this Underground Railroad quilt with 30s fabrics and six-inch blocks. I've quilted many of these, but this is a first for the smaller blocks and 30s fabrics.


 I did lots of SID and linework for this one.  I wanted to emphasize the piecing and make it pop, so I quilted the backgrounds quite densely and didn't do much in the actual "design" portion of the blocks.


Lots of linework....and a little ribbon candy thrown in for good measure!


And a final close-up of one of the blocks. You can almost see how the actual Drunkard's Path portions pop up 3D-ish.


No pics of the back...the fabric was too busy for the quilting to show.  Sorry!!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.