Tuesday, November 22, 2016

J. Alfred Prufrock

My customer's sister and her husband cruised on their boat, the Prufrock, listening to T.S. Elliott's "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock." Leslie made this quilt for her sister to celebrate their journeys. She was disappointed in herself that one of the boats faced the wrong way, but I saw that as a total design opportunity!


Leslie named the quilt "Taking a Flyer." I quilted all the boat blocks like this. It was fun to put sun in all of these. Made me think of all the boats sailing off into the sunset.


This one got special treatment. Dennis has two professional embroidery machines, so I enlisted him to embroider the boat's name on this one block. I was so happy that one of the boats was not following the crowd!


A shot of a bit of the back. This shows the border and the treatment I did there.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.