Monday, May 7, 2018

Leslie's "Window" Quilts

Ever wonder what to do with those panels you love? Leslie had some pretty good ideas.  This first one is called the Redwood Express.


I just love the idea of making it look like a window--I see some of these in my future!

I didn't want to detract from the panel, so rather than any intricate quilting, I just did diagonal lines across the "panes."



Of course, I had to add a little detail in the borders...


This next one is called Southwest Desert View. I love the colors, but then its mostly orange and I LOVE orange!


As you can see, the "panes" got the same treatment, but I played in that outside border with gold thread. I did some quilting to mimic the diamond patterns.



Thanks for looking!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.