Monday, May 13, 2019

Sheila's Orange Quilt

Sheila surprised me with this quilt at guild the other day. It always surprises me when people walk up and just hand over their quilts for me to work on. I guess I've never gotten over the trust they put in me--I hope I never do!


I had those large on-point squares that I could really play in, but I wasn't able to do that this time. Instead I did a simple line-work and CC design to fill the space.


I modified the design a bit to fit the setting triangles.


The border fabric was quite busy, but still needed something. The design I chose is a wavy, pointed Angela Walters design. It filled the space and added some texture. You can almost "see" it in the next two pics.


This is a shot of the back showing the texture.

And another shot of the back that sort of shows the overall design

Thanks for looking!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.