Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Marilyn's Sashiko Quilt

 This was my first time quilting a Sashiko quilt. My goal was to add to it without taking away from the fun Sashiko designs.



It was a fun challenge. On some blocks I followed the design already there; others, I played a bit. Here are a couple pics to show you what I mean. On this first one, I just did some cc's in the patchwork squares and did the same in the clamshells on the bottom left. The design on the top right was a bit trickier...I tried to follow the stitching in that random pattern. You can see it better if you click on the photo to enlarge it.


There were a couple of blocks like this in the quilt. Unfortunately, my photography leaves a lot to be desired. The pic is a bit blurry. I wanted to add some softness to the quilt, so I did a feather flower design.


I really liked the pieced back on this quilt. It totally complemented the top.


Just a couple more pics to show the quilting. 





Happy Quilting!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.