Thursday, July 30, 2009

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts.

Since this blog is supposed to showcase my quilting as well as my horses; thought I'd better post a few pictures.

This is a "Frog" quilt that was made for a lady in my guild. Several of her friends got together and made her this quilt with a frog in the center of each star. She's had it put together for some time now, even started quilting it but then gave it to me to finish. I did small loops in the background to outline the stars and SID around the frogs and sashing. Another loop design was done in the center blue sashing with red/white/blue Superior Rainbow (LOVE Rainbow) thread. The mostly white block was added to balance the quilt. It was empty, so my husband embroidered a frog for me...isn't it cute??













Next I worked on an Eleanor Burns design Victory Quilt. This was "R's" first quilt ever and she did an excellent job. It was pieced perfectly and I loved her color choices.















I just finished this quilt today for "K"...it was a rush that she wants to enter in our local fair. She did a great job piecing and I like my quilting design...but. It was a litle busy, so the quilting really shows up nicely on the back. I'm thinking she should enter it with the back as the top. I used Superior Lava for this quilt in variegated browns and blue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.