Friday, December 31, 2010

Blocks of the Month

As a longarm quilter, I don't have a lot of time to work on my own projects. I have several "flimsies" (unquilted tops) that need quilting. I have tons of UFOs and several zillion works in progress. None of this stops me from wanting to do more. For this year, though, I've decided to try something different. Instead of working on entire quilts (excluding the one I'm making for my step-daughter who is getting married in September, and my other step-daughter just because), I'm going to work on these three blocks of the month.

The first is the one I've been posting copies of here. Its our guild BOM.















The second will be Shannon's BOM. She's already posted the fabric requirements and the blocks begin posting in January. Join in...Shannon always has great ideas; it will be fun!

Finally, I'm seriously considering the Tonga Rhapsody BOM that Windy Moon Quilts is starting in January also. It's batiks and gorgeous and I'm a sucker for gorgeous batiks! Plus, it gives me an excuse to go to Reno monthly, if I want, or they'll send my block to me. The class will be lecture only, so my attendance isn't mandatory since we can always go over things on the phone when I have my block.

Of course, I'm still working on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery as well, but that one is going to take some time. Perhaps my New Year's Resolution should be, "No New Projects."

Nah....what fun would that be????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.