Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Real Quilt Show

I've been AWOL for the past week getting ready for a real quilt show. My guild, Quincy Crazy Quilters, usually has a show every other year; however, due to some unforeseen scheduling conflicts, we skipped 2009. The 2011 Crazy About Quilts show was this past weekend. This is the first time I've been an active committee member; in fact, I was drafted into Committee Chair of Quilt Intake. What a job!! Everything turned out well, though, and people seemed to enjoy the show. We had 140 quilts, several demonstrations, vendors, Hoffman challenge quilts and dolls, and a featured quilter, Carolyn.

A couple of set-up photos... This is the first room that folks walked into. It housed our Country Store, quilts around the outside walls and the Hoffman Challenge in the middle:


This is the main quilt display room with the vendors being around the outside perimeter.


Quilts going up...the mostly white quilt on the right took Viewer's Choice First Place in the Large Category.


An example of a Hoffman quilt.


This year, our challenge project was to create a Mojo Doll. These are the ones made by our guild.


And, best of all: This is a photo of Carolyn, our Featured Quilter, with her Mocha Stars quilt on display behind her. It won Viewer's Choice First Place in the Small Quilt Category. I was very proud, as was she!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.