Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ahhhhh...Look at the Puppies

Nope, not my puppies. These ones are in a quilt and a pillow top that Jennifer made.


Aren't they cute? I quilted the two pups in the quilt with the same tight swirl stitches to make them look like they were the same dog. The nine-patch blocks have a terry-twist and I swirled inside the dark purple circles to give a tufted effect in the light blue blocks. I used Quilters Dream Puff, so the effect worked quite well.



In the pillow top, I used a thinner batting and bigger swirls in the dog's body this time.


And a photo of the back. The quilting actually shows up a tad better if you click on the picture to make it larger.



Thanks for looking!

Dory


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.