Sunday, July 29, 2012

Game Over

A few months back at one of my new guild's meetings, I heard about an older woman who had just passed away. She had apparently been a longtime member of the Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt Club. It was announced at the meeting that her family had allowed our guild to put her sewing supplies and fabric into a yard sale for guild members only.

I went to the sale last Wednesday. It was amazing! I couldn't believe that all this stuff belonged to one woman. I guess she was quite prolific! There were tables with fabric, notions, kits, and books. Plus, boxes and boxes of scraps packaged by weight. Very much like being in a candy store.





I only bought four things, totaling $30. I got a huge Creative Grids ruler ($12), a pattern with cutting rulers ($6), a book with CD by Karen McTavish ($10) and a cute little jar with buttons ($2).  This was my haul:


I'm not saying this to be disrespectful, but you know that old saying? The one that goes, "She who dies with the most fabric wins"?  Well, all I can say is, GAME OVER!! I wish I would have known Kitty. Anyone with this much stash had to be a wonderful person!!

Dory



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.