Saturday, July 21, 2012

Nose to the Grindstone

Since I've been home, I've been quilting almost daily.

This quilt belongs to Nancy and is the first one I've ever done with Minkee backing. I was concerned about how it would stitch out, but when I was done with it, I loved the look and feel. Minkee makes the quilt so soft!!! Nancy said this quilt was a challenge for her as she didn't use bright batiks...no, seriously, that's what she said!!

Below are a couple of close-ups. I wanted to  make the path continuous, so I did loops (sort of "l's" all the way down. A lot of continuous curve and some fun play with the individual blocks made up the front.



The back...this is almost true to color. It was more of a lime green, and the most beautiful, bright lime green I've ever seen. These pictures are worth clicking on for a closer view.



More quilts coming up!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.