Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stunning Mornings

The mornings have been absolutely gorgeous here and I wanted to share a few pics. Yes, that is snow. But here in Sequim (or south of Sequim), it generally falls in inches--not feet. We LOVE the snow now!!

This view is from the room that will probably become my sewing studio. It will have a hide-a-bed couch and/or a Murphy bed in it for company, but will no longer be a dedicated sewing room.  More on that when/if it happens. This room looks out over the back of our house.  You can see the sun rising over the Olympics.




A couple showing our pond and the gazebo in back...the pond is starting to ice over.






I couldn't decide which one I liked better so you get them both. (I know, I know...they're practically identical)

The front while we were feeding this morning. This is our totem pole with the flag pole behind it. You can just barely see the color of the sun in the background.


Kate, enjoying her breakfast and wishing the sun would hurry up! A bit later, all the ponies were basking in the sun while they ate. 


Every day when I go outside I admire the Olympics and where we live and feel blessed to be here.

Thanks for looking. Sorry the pics aren't better quality, but I took them with my phone.

7 comments:

  1. Your winter view is terrific and brings a sense of peace with all the snow. :) Thanks for sharing it.
    Your sewing room, whether exclusively for sewing or also for hospitality, has a wonderful view. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I'm just not sure what we'll do at this point. I like the dedicated guest room (its always clean because no one is in there), but I like the idea of a sewing room that is just for me, too. I'll spend years thinking about it before I decide, knowing me!

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful and peaceful! It is snowing in Fort Jones CA right now and I am enjoying. Looking forward to some serious quilting time after the holidays. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Sincerely, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Marlene. The sun is out and very bright this morning; its gorgeous again!! I barely remember Fort Jones. When I was in HS, we'd travel to Fort Jones for football. I used to love those trips! Enjoy your snow!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dorothy, I left Quincy this morning just as the flakes were starting to fly....but there was PLENTY o'the white stuff on 70....all the way to Yankee Hill. One spun out car (over in the ditch) and 2 stuck big rigs. Other than that it was just slow and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you made it home okay. No more snow here, but its sure been cold at night and gorgeous during the day! Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  4. The upstairs room would definitely be lighter and brighter from natural light, roomier even with the guest bed, have a better view, and warmer than the garage for sewing. I still think the sunroom is the very best for sewing and quilting. Sister Barbara. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.