Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Too Much Positive Thinking...

Did you ever think there could be such a thing? My older sister, Barbara, calls me Pollyanna because I always tend to look on the bright side. Did you ever see the movie? Its worth watching even though it was made in 1960 and based on a book written in 1913.


Anyway, because I am such an optimist, I had my fabrics cut for Planet Patchwork's mystery and I was busily working on my top for Longarm University's mystery. I had planned to work on my piecing in between quilting the different bits of the quilt. However, since I didn't finish my top until almost 10 a.m. (this was after getting up in the middle of the night and working on it from 2:00 to 4:30 a.m. and then starting again at 7), this didn't even come close to happening.  I was so far behind with my quilting, I never even looked at the Planet Patchwork website.

Of course, had I paid more attention to the instructions, things may have gone a bit faster *shrug*

These are some of the pieces, stars, trees and a cabin...


This is what the top looked like when I'd finished it. That border was rather fiddly, but I finally got it to work properly.
Alas, the top is still on the frame, but here's a sneak peak of what some of the "mystery" quilting looks like so far.

I downloaded the directions from Planet Patchwork's mystery and plan to start working on it soon. Its still a mystery for me since I haven't seen the finished top.







3 comments:

  1. Good job, Pollyanna!LOL I always remind myself that "nothing's ever easy" especially if you think it will be. Spent 2 hours making a simple chicken pincushion. How many times must I rip it out before I find the right side of the fabric? and how many pieces can I make the same mistake on?? LOL Hope your sewing year (and mine) go much better than the start! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best laid plans and all that.....I certainly know how it goes. Your top looks very cute and I like the quilting that I'm seeing. As for mystery quilts, I'm working on Bonnie Hunter's this year and am behind, but not by much. Seems I, too, should have looked at the info and then MAYBE there world be enough fabric to make the quilt....MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polyanna - I can remember watching that on the TV as a Special Christmas show....ooops showing my age!!!!!
    No mystery stitching here. about to get back into my customer quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.