Thursday, April 11, 2013

Quilting Friends with Great Patience

My best friend/quilting friend and surrogate sister, Cindy, has much patience. She gave me this top to quilt for her over a year ago. Then I moved and started my business in Washington and because she wanted to be sure I had all my customer quilts done first, this one was a long time coming. However, its finally done and on its way home!


We were at a retreat and this top was taught as a double-blind mystery. We told the shop what colors we wanted and they picked the fabric. As you can see, they did a great job with Cindy's fabrics--especially when you compare them to the fabrics chosen for my quilt! (Look here --Note to self: No double-blind mysteries unless you're actually IN the shop to show them what you mean when you say "purple.")

Cindy wanted leaves and was out of ideas after that. I spruced it up a bit with piano keys spaced with the piecing on the outside border, then the leaves, then another round of piano keys following the inner piecing. 



I stitched in the ditch around the center star. I just couldn't go over it with leaves, its way too pretty.


Here's a shot of the back. You can see the quilting better if you click on the picture and then stand on your head to look at it!! (Just kidding--the tweedy brushed flannel makes it tough to see and photograph!)


2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen anything posted for a month. Did you give up your business? Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is everything alright? I have been checking your blog and looking for you. It has been quite awhile since we have seen you. What are you up to? Hugs, Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.