Thursday, July 25, 2013

As Promised...a QAL Update


Not only do I have the four blocks done and am anxious to get started on today's lesson, but I have EIGHT blocks done. Yep, that's right. E-I-G-H-T! I'm making two quilts.

This one will be custom quilted (hope I can afford it--LOL)


And this one will be an all-over pattern of some sort. (I have to take a better pic of the block in the upper right...but you get the idea)


I love my virtual design wall! One of the other quilters, Becca, did a tute on how to create one. Makes it fun to see how the quilt will look when its completed. The one above will have cream, rather than dark brown, background color. I'm going to attempt to make it more realistic. We'll see how that turns out.

Its not too late--many ladies are just starting. Come join the fun at Quilting Galleries' Aiming for Accuracy Quilt-along!

2 comments:

  1. Love your color choices......will be keeping track of your progress. I am wondering about your virtual design wall.....could you share a link to tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the tutorial for the design wall isn't "out there," but Becca has been kind enough to allow me to post it here. Look for it in an upcoming post. Dory

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.