Monday, December 8, 2014

Claudia's Buggy Quilts

Nope, not buggy as in "horse and," but buggy as in "insects"!!

Claudia made two of these quilts for her grandkids. They are boys and they love bugs and fish.


These quilts are especially long so that the top "bugs in the jar" bit can go over the pillows. Plus, she's expecting, based on their parents, these guys to really grow!  I quilted the top portion to try to give some movement to the bugs.


If you look closely, you can see little "flight" paths for the insects!



I kept the body of the quilt more simple. A water meander with the fish and crosshatching for the sashing. 


Hope the boys enjoy them! Grandma did a great job.

Dory




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.