Sunday, February 8, 2015

Best Laid Plans...

Things never work out the way you plan...at least they don't in my life!

I think I'm batting around 500 (is that 50%?).  I'm sticking to Evernote--the real test will be when I get our tax stuff ready for our accountant.  I'm exercising almost every day and for the month of February, I'm have NO SNACKS.  That means no chocolate, no muffins, basically no sugar except that which goes in my coffee.

Now...if you're reading my blog, you know the twice a week bit isn't working out too well.  However, I do have a good excuse (the dog ate my blog post...hmmm, that doesn't seem to work). In January, I became a grandma for the first time! Amelia "Millie" Jane was born on January 9.

 For that first week, my step-daughter's mom stayed with her,  but then that grandma had to go back to work. So I volunteered to go down for a week and was greeted with open arms and an adorable baby.  I had my iPad, but no computer and no sewing stuff...a whole week went poof!

Now I'm back and so far behind it isn't funny. (Imagine the papers stacked up are really quilts)

 I've been quilting for HOURS every day trying to get caught up before I take off again for Empty Spools. The good part: I'm getting quilts done. The bad part: I've done nothing about my class! I'm taking the Lone Star from Jan Krentz and its something I've always wanted to do. I'll be designing my own (I do have the design in my head--its sort of a la Jinny Beyer), but I need to commit it to paper, make a mock up and buy some fabric (oh darn!)

More posts are coming soon...promise.  After all, I know you all are suffering from withdrawal--right????

Dory




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.