Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Its Pumpkin Time!!

Isn't Joyce's quilt adorable?  I love these pumpkins and how fun they are!!


I've never seen this pattern, but from what others have told me, Joyce did some extras. I don't think the original had the same sashing and there was something about the actual blocks as well.  I don't remember what, but whatever it was, it worked!


I did the same geometric border (I'm really loving it for texture) as I did in Betty's QOV. The sashing has leaves with that same geometric in the cornerstones. Stippling behind and in the pumpkins and then a different design in each inner square...in ORANGE thread.  I rarely do that, but decided to chance it this time.  


I think it worked out okay. What do you think??


Small shot of the back so that you can see the border and sashing designs more clearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.