Thursday, July 16, 2015

So many Selvages

When you have too many selvages, you make a selvage quilt. This is Connie's third one--she's making them for all the grandkids.




Generally, I quilt the selvage bits in white and then use matching thread for the solid fabric portion. This time, I opted for something different.  Matching thread in the solid, but contrasting in the selvages using my "go to" Heatwave pattern.


In the center "x"s, I opted for a soft swirl.



And in the outside border, to tie it all together, alternately sized piano keys.

And because its always the most fun to look at ... a shot of the back!


Two posts this month and its still summer!!  Hooray for me!!


Dory
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.