Monday, November 26, 2018

A Giant Dahlia...Finally!

I have been wanting to quilt one of these forever!!!  I know, I could make one, but then it would go into the stack of 30+ quilts of mine waiting for quilting. Much better and faster to do one for a customer. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play anywhere near a much as I wanted, but I still loved how it turned out.

Mabel's budget didn't allow for more than an allover, but I just couldn't do it. With her permission, I played a bit and didn't charge her. It was our first time working together. I was so glad she trusted me to play! Even hanging from the ceiling, this quilt touched the floor!

Its hard to see, so more close-ups coming, but I used a soft purple thread on the entire quilt--even in the white bits! I did lots of CC and playing. Perhaps if you click on these pics to blow them up, more of the quilting will show.



Here are some close-ups.


And a shot of the center...
And one of the back...

Thanks for looking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.