Monday, December 3, 2018

Chris' Tropical Quilt

During Chris' recent trip to Hawaii, she purchased this fabric and made this beautiful quilt. She asked that I quilt plumeria in the border. As most of you know, my quilting is all freehand. What you probably don't know (and probably don't care) is that I'm not a gardener so I had no idea what a plumeria even looked like.  Thank goodness for the internet!!!


I had some fun with this quilt. Not only did I do the plumeria in the border...


I also did some in each of the purple blocks. Then in the surrounding purple blocks, I threw in a little bamboo for fun!

In the main body of the quilt (the green blocks), I did a leaf meander to finish it off.


And last, but not least, a shot of the back showing the plumeria.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.